Wednesday, August 11, 2004

national week of poo

Or something like that. LOL

So I was all weirded out earlier (you're going to laugh S) because last night I kept smelling maple syrup...except I was having peanut butter toast. And today I read S's blog and lo and behold, she's out in CO eating pancakes last night. It all becomes clear. I think. LOL

Last night was the first night of my FPC class. It's supposed to stand for Fundamental Payroll Certification, and we got chapter one last night--which is about 50 pages long and has a 79 page appendix. It looks abysmally boring. *sigh* The only thing to look forward to is that it is first and foremost a class, which I haven't been in in two years, and secondly that when I pass the test, I get a bonus that will hopefully allow me to do something funner than normal. Yeah, English major used the "f" word.

I've already come up with different acronym descriptions for FPC: Flipping Peice of Crap, Flying Payroll Crud, Freaking Pissy Coldcuts, Fried Peas Canned. I could go on but it just goes down hill. As with the rest of life in general, I'm putting off the actual reading with silly stuff like making a crappy veil for my sister's wedding shower on Saturday, and looking up random shit on the net, and checking message boards and email. And planning on reading it. Tomorrow. After I find my grad plans. Which has been my goal since last Friday. *sigh*

If you don't know me I have a problem with procrastination. I think some inner voice seems to think that, like wine, things will improve if I just ignore them. It always comes as a rude surprise when they really are more of a vinegar than a wine later.

I just have SO many better things to do. I mean, I'm writing a blog instead of searching for those plans. Which as I write it sounds like the world's cheapest cop out. And it would be cheap because I am a bargain hunter to the cell.

Someone send me some motivation, would you? I feel like I need a swift kick in the patoot from a VERY large boot. But I doubt that would help either...as I'd just find something else to do, like ice my ass, instead of doing what I should be doing. I give. LOL

Anyway, I have to go make a veil and try to find time for some yoga tonight, or something, as I've been promising myself to do a good yoga session for ages and just keep finding ways to prolong my back pain. LOL I think I'm actually a sadist cleverly disguised as a Minnesotan. LOL

In other news. Dan did it. He put in his notice. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! That's a big jump. He's doing it for good reasons, and things that make sense to me, but as a woman, and basically as his girlfriend, and a genetic worrywart, I have pains in my hypothalamus just thinking about it. Everyone has to do what they need to do--life does not come without pain and growth, I spose--but for someone who puts off doing things like filing grad plans, quitting a job spur of the moment is just totally unthinkable. I mean, I can see the reasons behind it, see the why, but it's really hard to see beyond that and think about it objectively, and think that life will go on and that he'll be fine. My optimistic side is cheerleading while my pessimist is getting water ready for any possible fires.

I think a lot of the issue stems from me being such a totally maybe person, and Dan being so black and white. Dan either does something or doesn't do it. I do it half way, or get bored halfway, and drop the ball...only to wonder later on where I've put it.

Maybe it's that it's Wednesday, and there are only two days of the week left. I'm stuck on the hump. Hey, on the upside, I got the cake ordered. Chocolate Truffle from Byerly's. I almost asked for a taste test but I hadn't eaten dinner yet and that would have put me off the charts. I probably would have gotten pulled over on the way home, handed my license to the ossifer, and done a few cartwheels before vaulting the median and just walking home. It looks WAY too rich for any human but oh so delicious...I'll tell more after Saturday. (: Course I might type really, really fast when I do post...LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do this anonymously until I work up the gumption to bite the bullet and just get one of these things. Maybe. I use my LJ too much as it is. XD

Anyway...Federal Pickle Commission! Frankfurter Protection Club! Flying Porkchop Certification! Okay, you can tell I'm overtired. ^^

You know I understand where you're coming from, with regard to being a procrastinator, because I'm the same way. I think it's a Pisces thing...why choose one side of the stream over the other, when the middle is just so darned comfortable? It makes for some vexing troubles, though.

Hang in there, kiddo. If nothing else, what we survive in life is one more click in our progress on becoming eccentric old ladies someday. ^^

--Sara L. :)

dan said...

If you want motivation on those grad plans....

Don't disappoint your dad, dear!

Serena said...

And in the morning, I'm makin' WAFFLES! :) Glad I could share my real maple syrup with you!

It'll work itself out in the end. Hang in there, and dream of chocolate cake!