Monday, August 09, 2004

cliff jumping

Well, here goes...

I actually wrote this all on Sunday. Anyone who knows me knows that technologically speaking, I ought to be in the stone age for the most part, as I'm either paying no attention to what the screen is telling me or paying enough attention to see that, yet again, my Kimbo the Destroyer aura has invaded the computer system and made it crash or pop up strange error messages. Yesterday it was just me and the keyboard, and I didn't pay attention to the fact that I'd setup my blog as an offshoot of Dan's. Whoops. *blush*

So I'm doing something my mother always asked me if I wanted to do. You know, the proverbial, if everyone else was jumping off a cliff, yadda yadda yadda. I just wrote to someone else's blog this morning to say that it was exhausting to keep up with all the blogs out there now. It's a hard knock life when you have to read backlogs of like two weeks. Puh-lease.

The other reason I'm doing this is because I keep losing my notebook. Once again it has been swallowed by the depths of the house, and I'm just not up to a full-scale journal hunt this morning. *sigh* As soon as I post this and join the rest of the known world online, it will surface where I least expect it, like in the garage or something. I feel like a parent: "I don't want to know where you've been, just don't do it again." Please include your own exasperated eye rolls here. Course this has led me to glance at the living room...which is a slight disaster. It's my week to vacuum and sweep, etc, but I'm lacking some motivation. Okay, I'm lacking ALL motivation. My mantra earlier was that when Dan got up I'd start cleaning. But instead he's watching some A&E movie on the couch, waiting to use his computer I'm guessing, and I'm sitting here typing my very first blog. Whoo-hoo! Yay! Rock on!

My initial estimate will be that I'll be on here infrequently. Mainly because I'm lazy and for the most part forget about things like this after a little while. (Little while: def. -- "longer than a minute and shorter than half an hour. can last up to three weeks, give or take time discrepancies in Kim's world.")

So hello all, welcome to my blog.

2 comments:

Serena said...

YAH! Way to go Kim! As one of the more literarily inclined of us, I felt it only fitting! :)

dan said...

Sheep.