Friday, February 04, 2005

falling

i slipped
today on a patch of gravel and ice
felt the world turn
side
ways
sometimes you just can't
keep your
balance
your purchase on earth
tilts
your knees meet
in gravity's
nest

went to khan's today for lunch. i had WAY too much garlic on my food. and you know it has to be too much if i'm saying it's too much, because i'm a garlic hog.

i think i put on three scoops, and even after i was done eating the noodles and veggies and couldn't pick up the garlic bit by bit i used a fork.

yes, i'm addicted to garlic.

i know it's good in moderation, like all things, i suppose. i can still taste it lingering in my mouth. as with all things, it was nice and familiar for a while, but it's been over 8 hours since i ate lunch, and i've eaten other foods, drunk the last of my milk, depleted the brita, and brushed my teeth; and still it lingers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore garlic, too. ^_^ That part of me that tries to justify all the things I shouldn't do or shouldn't eat, keeps telling me that garlic is good for you, and shushes the part of my conscience that replies with "yes, but the REST of the stuff you put it with negates the health values, doorknob."

Speaking of, if you get back up to St.C during Feb., hie thee to Great Harvest Bread Company, particularly if you make it up here on a Friday. They're selling a Cheddar Garlic loaf this month, and it is DIVINE. They had it on Saturday when I went last week, so maybe they have it more often than just Fridays, but that was the day listed on the print-out sheet I picked up. But that bread was just so yum, lightly toasted with just a little bit of butter. Just thought I'd let you know, from one addict to another. :P

--Sara