Wednesday, September 08, 2004

humpty dumpty

sat on a wall
and gave up
because Wednesdays
suck.

I think I need to forage for dinner but I'm putting off because the thought of finding food is just anti-kim at the moment. I've been putting off getting more heartburn meds too, but today may be the last in a series of straws, and I'm going to just give in and go back to Target and get something. Again. *sigh* Someday, they'll come up with something to just fix it, and then I don't have to wake up feeling like I'm the third cousin twice removed of Benji the Dragon. :P

Today I felt...ineffectual. It's not a new feeling, but it's something that just bites, no matter how you look at it. I'd like to have a job wherein I feel like I'm making some kind of difference on the planet, and I mean, from some perspectives, I suppose I am...but I've been at this job for almost 2 years and when I wake up in the morning, it's been 2 years too long.

I love my coworkers. They're great. I don't mind my clients, or the computer systems that are actually cleverly designed flaming hoops with a snack size Snickers on the other side as incentive. I don't mind the cube, too much, because it has a rolly chair, which makes me happy on weird crappy days, like today, when I forgot there was a cube behind me and flipped the chair around and noseplanted myself into the cube wall. Good thing it's padded, I guess. It's management I dislike.

I could go on, but it's redundant. To sum up: do this, in this time frame, get me a schedule of it, and voila! Insta-meeting, supposed to last an hour, and fitting into 2 hours. I wasn't even *in* the meeting today, my trainee was. And now tomorrow, when I'm supposed to be reviewing, I'll be in the other fourth of the meeting.

Before you all, I declare this Humpty Dumpty Day. He wasn't just sitting on that freaking wall, he was trying to leave cubeland. I swear to god. Catbert pushed him.

1 comment:

Serena said...

I'm totally with you. Having the same issue with my job. I'm taking my computer to my aunt and uncle's tonight, so my uncle can add my old hard drive to my new computer, so I can access my resume and cover letter.