Saturday, September 04, 2004

Cat nap...

I love my cat. I really do. She's cute, she's fuzzy, she's cuddly. She's also very insistent and noisy, and has no claw control. Then again, she's a cat.

This morning I woke up to her lovely face nearing my mouth. She's got a thing about sticking her head in your mouth if you yawn; singers beware the curiosity of Shiva! (; Anyway I wake up as her nose touches my lower lip, and yank my head back in an excellent approxiamation of whiplash minus the car...and then, since my face has moved out of her range, she reaches out a paw and nails me in the chin, and then whines about it when I displace her from the bed.

It's like living with a small alien life form. I guess it is living with an alien; she doesn't think the way we do in the least. If she did, the hairball would have been over the linoleum. (;

*sigh* I guess right now I'm in my missing things and people stage of the month. There's usually a day during PMS that it all comes down to what I don't have, instead of focusing on what I do have. Dunno why it happens...just that it does.

I had a really good dream about Quinn last night; I miss my girl something fierce. I also miss Cari, Rene and Amanda--coffee on Thursdays, crosswords in the morning and shaking our booties at the local bar in the Vortex. I miss Serena too--knitting, belching, laughing, hanging out and watching the FBI Files. (; I miss my woods, and my familiarity with the forest up north. I miss my first kitty, Wylie. And my parents. For some reason I always miss my parents. I hate this point because I could be doing something constructive, like cleaning the litterbox or the kitchen, but I just don't want to. I want to sit here and whine. LOL

So let me try to be constructive for a minute here. What's good about life right now? I paid my bills this morning. The Missing portion of today got a jumpstart when I was paying my bills and watching the money just roll away, dandelion fuzz in the wind.

Anyway I have a job that pays my bills. I have a great boyfriend who puts up with me and my moods and is tall. Which is good. LOL My family is healthy and doing well, I have my sister Sara close to me, Shiva to purr like a semi on my stomach, and a roof over my head. I get to go shopping today and hit the farmer's market. And I get to hang out with friends all afternoon. I also have an open invite to come out to the Renn fest, if I can make it, and hang out with Christen and Tangee from work and Barb from SG1 Fridays. (: I got to see my trainee perform stand up the other night--first time I've ever seen live stand up--and he was great. I did find a good park to walk in, a bit south of here. SBW's wedding is coming up. So is the Shoot In at my parents' next weekend. And then we're going to Chicago, too--Dan's first time on a plane. I get to be on a plane again!!! YAY! I have a lot to be glad about...right?

Why is it that when I have this much, the simple act of living somehow eludes me and hormones take over and flush the system? I hate this whole Must Cry Now thing that happens to me. It's annoying. Which says a lot coming from a Dedicated Weeper. LOL

Anyway I feel better now that I've gotten that all out. Still miss my Quinn tho. Hard not to. Maybe it's time to add another kitty to the fold...if Shiva could stand it. LOL I think sometimes she misses the dogs...I think. (;

3 comments:

dan said...

Well, I'm sorry you have to live with a small alien life form.. I'll try harder.

Oh, and could you make your posts possibly any longer? I'm feeling let down by how litte you add each time!

Serena said...

Ignore the snide comments from the tall one! Besides, you save them all up, and post a big post, rather then small posts every day!

You don't ever stop missing kitties, but it gets better. Honest.

Miss you too, and can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks! Wish you could have been here this weekend, but the mountains aren't going anywhere.

Anonymous said...

I miss you, too...but from the looks of things, you don't miss me! XD Just kidding. :P Anyway, I tried to call you tonight, just in case the message gets missed. Might try again later this week--it's not like I'm insanely busy on weeknights or anything. ^^ --Sara L.