Monday, March 14, 2005

one of my fave quotes:

from one of the last places you'd expect a great quote, a sci-fi television show. who knows. anyway i've been feeling a lack of place, needing some tie-me-down to keep me moored in reality of late. so here it is, part and parcel of whatever mantra i make up to keep sanity docked:

The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place...and the right time. Pain that sometimes comes is part of the process of constantly being born. Then I will tell you a great secret. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective.

Delenn (or rather, jms, creator of Babylon 5)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much I miss you.

It hits me every now and then. Okay, like every time I read your blog.

Take care, and thanks for the hugs.