Saturday, July 01, 2006

the few, the proud...the bra-less.

i've got a big chest. i'll be the first to admit it. it's not always one of my features of which i'm that terribly proud--without good support, they're just the same boobs with which every other female on the planet is blessed.

i'm glad they're a nice size, don't get me wrong, but i think at a certain level, it doesn't matter so much about size any longer, and more about...apparatus.

by that i mean exactly that: structure, form, something to keep the girls at bay.

last year in a fit of fashion pique i purchased a halter top. it's white with little red cherries and green stems all over it. it covers my middle and all that jazz, but it's something i'd have to wear with a strapless bra, which, in my size, is the equivalent of the Brooklyn Bridge, condensed and made of latex and snaps.

needless to say, it's somewhat uncomfortable.

my youngest sister said, well, just wear it without a bra. i rolled my eyes. riiiiiiiiight.

i can pinpoint the exact last time i went into public without a bra on--last year at about 6 am, wearing a t-shirt and a very, very baggy gray sweatshirt. i felt covered and i was so ill at that point that i just didn't give a shit.

today, however, i'm lucid. i'm awake. and about fifteen minutes ago, i decided that it was much, much to warm out today to strap myself into another contraption that keeps both flesh and heat carefully in line.

so i put on the halter top.

i'm still in the house. i'm not sure i can leave, like this, everything contained only by the ties behind my neck and the grace of god. gravity's not going to work with me.

so say some web-related prayers for me, i'm going to home depot. and i'm not going to add more padding.

living on the edge--just another day in the life of kim. (;

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Among the things I am thankful for are a set of well-shaped, yet managably sized chest-level fat-sacs.

Buying single-piece garments is completely impossible, since they're a bit disproportional to my ample hips and butt, but at a small-side B, I need only draw the bra-less line at...Going to Work.

dan said...

I thought girls wanted bigger breasts to attract boys?

Sickening double standard.

Really. :)

Unknown said...

And I thought boys wanted expensive cars to attract girls.

;)