Sunday, August 14, 2005

it comes to this...

i'm trying to leave the house and get up to the st paul farmer's market. it's the locally grown, organic sister of the minneapolis farmer's market. i got online 20 minutes ago to pull up the directions again because i can't remember what street to turn at...and as luck would have it, i've been so distracted by the flickering screens of yahoo! and other assorted email stuff that i have yet to print the directions.

*sigh*

i had this ridiculous hope that i'd do this prior to 7 am, too. but i could not fall asleep last night, and dan and i chatted until past 12...and then my cat head butted my nose at about five and i was up for a bit...so i slept way past 7 am.

however, i am craving minnesota grown potatoes. they taste different than the taters you get at the grocery store. it sounds picky, and it probably is. but minnesota grown potatoes taste more tender.

i don't know, ask my tongue.

today is also the day i get to clean the restrooms in the house. it's my turn, and as usual i'm not looking forward to doing so. but at the same time, it means they'll be clean, and that's always wa good thing in my mind. my only complaint about housekeeping at the moment is the kitchen--which is always in a state of flux due to the whole concept of three meals a day, especially on weekends.

hi, my name is kim, and i'm anal about cleanliness in the kitchen and bathroom.

clutter, whatever. but clean is a must.

so it comes to this--i have to get my ass out of the chair and truck up to st paul and get my tender taters, and then come home and clean my bathroom to the nth degree.

and then i can watch battlestar galactica...which was my biggest media purchase yet, season one. lovely. (; more shiny screens to capture my goldfish-sized attention span...heh heh heh...

4 comments:

dan said...

don't forget deleted scenes.... and we already watched the firefly/serenity preview disc...

Anonymous said...

I have had the same good intentions to go to the local farmer's market (which is SO CLOSE to where I live, it might as well be in my backyard) every Saturday, and have since I moved here. But have I gotten up and gone? No. That would be too EASY.

There's just something about weekends for me, that I've never been able to shake that they are for sleeping late. So I have the best of intentions to get up and do stuff, but then I don't, because I decide that sleep would be better. Maybe it's a long-ingrained habit or an indulgence.

Personally, I think that instead of me rearranging my life habits, the bank and the post office should just be open later on weekdays. Why do they all close at 5:00, anyway? Isn't that when most people get off of work? Doesn't make much sense to me. *grumbles*

--Sara

ombren said...

LOL to both of you!!!

dan, i am keeping those deleted scenes like candy for a day i need some theoretical candy as opposed to physical candy. LOL

and as for the farmer's market--if you can get there, sara, GO! we drove up on sat am and as always i got TONS of fresh produce for cheaper than a trip to cub foods. and so yummy!!! also where can you post comments on your lj now? i can't find the option...and i am never sure where to email. LOL

Erika said...

Hi Kim! Thank you for your comment; that was quite lovely. :) It's good to know that someone else out there understands!

BSG is awesome! Excellent writing, excellent actors, excellent cinematography; brilliant show. Oh, and I can't keep my eyes off of Apollo. =)