Saturday, April 09, 2005

these dreams

i keep having strange dreams. i know, to the heels of my feet, that it's because my period is creeping up on me, and i always have weirdo dreams around that time, but honestly. last week i had this ridiculous dream about a chicken and a crockpot and one of my coworkers and his wife wrestling. it was unsettling. last night it was something about how i had done graffiti on a wall or something, and very vividly was denying it despite the fact that they had video.

i guess the reason they're strange isn't because of the content. or maybe it IS because of the content. usually in my dreams the wild and ridiculous factor is taken to a new level of what-the-hell, from which i can usually force a wakeup, or elict a change in the direction of the dream.

lately i'm so involved in the dream, because all the aspects of it are so vivid and fucking normal, that i just get caught up in it. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

also i'm having problems sleeping more than 6 hours a night. thank you to my brother--i had to pick him up at the airport on tuesday and on monday night I COULD NOT FALL ASLEEP. read until way too late and then slept badly for about 4 hours. i have yet to recoup or sleep longer than 6 this week. which might be due in part to this morning allergy thing i've been having, or may be due to the fact that i have an almost-finished pile of books near my bed.

maybe that's the problem. maybe it's the content of my reading material of late. for a while i was on an all-fantasy, all the time, kick. but i've gone on a romance novel bender, and most of what happens in a romance novel, esp. regencies, is pretty mundane. i'm thinking of what else i have at my bedside--smilla's sense of snow, which is pretty scientific but so beautiful...and frances mayes' under the tuscan sun, which is very different from the movie, but wonderfully written all the same. and another book i don't know that i'll finish by an author with a good name but not very catchy writing skills (graham houghton. don't know why the name sticks with me but the plot does not.)

i think that may be my problem.

but for now i'll blame it on the time change (which should have no effect on me, as for the most part i shrug off the boundaries of clocks much in the manner of superman flexing through five feet of steel chains.) (of course, there would be an anomaly...)

today i'm going to go shower. then i'm going to drive around and see if i can rustle up a rummage sale. then i'm going to...clean my grill? i think. not sure yet. and there's talk of a concert tonight in hudson, wi--13 screws, a band darin and cathy heard that was quite good, apparently. but that's up in the air.

arg, activity upstairs, must run to beat other possible shower-er!

No comments: