Saturday, January 15, 2005

so...

rented freedom comes in the form of a hyundai accent, dark gray. i thought it looked tiny (and it IS!) but the inside of the car reminds me soooooooooooo much of lupe that it makes driving easy.

the last car i rented was a 2003 mitsubishi galante and it was gi-huge-ic. i didn't know where anything was, but the plus was it was easy to find everything, being that it was all quite clearly marked.

let's see cons about this car i've got now...teeny enough to fit in my purse, has this overdrive button on the gear shift that i have nooooooo idea of what it means, so i've just left it on. seats feel strange. but then i'm used to my mazda la-z-boys. (; the hood has these strange creases that, for someone who is distracted by life in general, are very distracting. i keep thinking there something on the hood when in all acutality there's really not. also the windsheild washer squirter things (applicators? that sounds too high-tech for me.) anyway they stick up pretty far over the hood, and those are distracting too. *shrug* no cruise but i'm not terribly bothered by that.

pros: it's small, seems very fuel efficient thus far, and is cute in a could-fit-in-my-coat-pocket type of way. it also drives quite nicely, has a pretty good sized trunk, large windsheild and good sized side mirrors. (after driving my car, i got in dan's one day--he's got a chevy corsica--and was appalled that i could see so little in the mirrors. large side mirrors should SO not be a luxury item!) also the mirrors are electric, so i can move both sides from the driver's seat. (which could be a con because it was distracting me...LOL) anyway it's a nice car, for which i'm quite grateful.

when i got here last night--my parents' house in st cloud--it was dark and cold. cold outside, dark inside. mom and dad drove up to virginia this weekend to see my grandma, and my sister beth was at her christmas party. so i went in, called cari, found my phone charger, and then called the car rental place because they'd started my car, and then when i was getting in the guy said here's your other key. i was confused but that's a state of being so i put the key in my pocket. come to find out, i have one key for my car, and one key for a white chevy malibu. hee hee hee. he was very apologetic and glad that i'd called. yay me. anyway i was going to try to wait up for my sister to get home, but by 11 i had such a horrible headache that i just went to bed.

sad that friday nights have degenerated into go to sleep early nights. *sigh* oh, to be a few years younger and have more energy. cari and i were discussing the fact that the older you get, the more like flat pop you become. she said that if i was flat pop, she's made it to syrup.

anyhow...i'm going to go start the gray car and then find something to eat. which won't be hard, considering i'm at home and my mother is italian. god forbid there's not enough food for the mongolian hordes in her kitchen at any given moment. gotta love her. guess i do. (;

cheers, k(:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both the Ciera and the Thunderbird have overdrive, and my dad explained to me what it was, but it pretty much went in one ear and out the other. *sheepish grin* I'll try to summarize as best I can: Overdrive does some...stuff...that causes the engine to not work as hard, so it burns less gas. The way I understand it, it's best to use overdrive on the open road, where you're traveling above 40mph, because it burns less fuel, which is a good thing. The engine also doesn't work as hard, so that is good, too.

I don't know if you did, and this is probably me, jumping to conclusions, but I hope you didn't try to call me when you were in St.C last night. I ended up changing my phone number. It's a long story. Anyway, I'll give it to you some way or another at some point in time in the future...I don't really want to post it here.

Hope you have a fun weekend!

--Sara

ombren said...

no, i wasn't able to call... :( i got to st cloud at like 10 and was in bed by 11...and then on sunday, because i live in my own happy little time warp and thought i left the vortex in plenty of time, i got to st cloud at 445 and was out the door of my parents house by 530, sailing into the rental place at 657 after topping off the tank... *sigh* someday i will learn to give myself more time. LOL