Tuesday, January 09, 2007

741 post merdian

it's now 741 on my monitor screen. i just logged out of my system and am going to be heading home. after, of course, a stop at wal-mart.

why, i am asking myself, do i need to stop there, when i have this nagging head-ache that i think is brought on due to the overhead lights and eye strain with the computer?

because, i'll answer...i'm out of underwear.

year end at work is always sucky. no matter how you slice it. some days are short because you're caught up and can sneak out the door on time. other days sneak up and beat you over the head. if you've never been assaulted by your job, just imagine a few reams of paper hanging over your head and then dropping suddenly. it's kind of like the coyote-roadrunner fights, with the coyote mashed under the anvil.

at any rate, i have this nagging headache. i'm going to start calling it my 741 headache because it is at this point in the day where i wave the white flag and do one of the following:

1. crawl into bed
2. slither into the shower
3. start doing head rolls that would make ichabod crane shiver

and it's that time, today. and i'm still at work. and if i don't stop at wal-mart, tomorrow i will be going commando. and that, my friends, is just all wrong. (;

3 comments:

dan said...

If it's any consolation I've been sick so I haven't been helpful.

Wait. That's not consolation at all.

It'll get better soon.

broke said...

So wal-mart is good for underwear? Here in the UK we have a discount store called Primark which I'm told is good for female underwear. I've not looked at the men's section though. The equivalent to Walmart here is, I guess, Asda - owned by WM. I've never thought of buying my pants there - but maybe I should check it out. My most expensive pants are a pair of Calvin Kleins - cost about £23 (about $40). Just thought I'd share that with you! And, yes, commando ain't my thing either :)

jedimerc said...

The main thing I like Wal-Mart for is that, unlike most grocery stores here, it is 24/7 (for some strange reason all our 24 hour groceries became 6 to 1am or something like that)