Wednesday, June 01, 2005

short post

my shins hurt. guess i've been overstriding when i walk. that or i need new shoes. may have to experiment and do something about the shoes. maybe watch my strides, too. i know where the overstriding comes from: walking with tall people. (;

on a related shoe note, my beloved sister sara got my birks back. they'd been at a shoe repair place since last fall, after something happened and the cork outgrew the sole. they've been done being fixed for a while, but i kept forgetting to pick them up.

so monday we go up to sara's and dad is all excited about showing me his belly (which looks better, but also looks like he got the rough end of the bar fight, lots of bruising) and also that he'd made potatoes for dinner. i was like, whatever, okay, proud of you, good on ya, etc. there's a turkey roaster on the table and i know my mouth started watering at the thought of tasty taters. we chat for a while and finally sara takes the top of the turkey roaster off--and there are my sandals!!! she apparently had a pair of her own shoes in for fixing and asked if he had any birks left, or if he sold them if no one came to pick them up. the shoe repair guru said that other shoes he'd sell, but birks he kept because someone always comes back for their birks.

which is the truth. birks fit like no shoe i have ever worn--they're formed to my feet and i never get tired of walking when i've got my birks on.

unfortunately, they're not designed for exercise walking.

but hiking, wandering, exploring--birks keep your feet happy and that keeps the rest of your legs happy, which helps your hips, and your spine...so on and so forth.

so my feet, the base of operations, have been overjoyed since monday.

(; thank you, fast eddie, god of shoe repair, and waiter for slow birk wear-ers. and thank you sister sara!!!

No comments: