Thursday, August 19, 2004

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

So anyway...the wedding shower was fine, except for a five to ten minute interval when we got to my aunt's where i honest to god thought my sister was going to bitch slap my aunt.

Here's the quick and dirty: when we originally found out about the shower, my aunt wanted to organize it and have it at her house. Then we found out that my OTHER aunt wanted to do the same, with assistance from my cousin. So my sister and I decided to take matters into our own hands and just do it ourselves...until my dear bride stepped in and said, well, auntie P said something first, so why don't you work with her. Etc. So my sister B was in charge of decorations--which is her specialty, may I add--and invites. She did all of this. I was in charge of cake and rsvp's and a scrapbook in which people could sign wisdom away. P was in charge of house and food. She DID NOT want to get together with either of us, just wanted to work via the phone. I told her that B had tablecloths, plates, napkins, flowers, everything--and when we get there Saturday am, she has tables out with tablecloths, her own china and silverware, and napkins. The first thing she says as we set down B's boxes of deco is "Oh, I didn't know about this...we should have talked. I guess I'll have to put all my stuff away." THIS WOMAN IS HOW OLD I ask you. I thought my sister was going to go through the wall. I kind of played the peacemaker and smoothed things over--you know, "it all looks nice together" etc. and so on and so forth.

The day turned out great, everyone had a great time, the cake was a diabetic's worst nightmare and AMAZING, and then we left. It was all in good fun. I was just so ticked at my aunt for pulling that stunt. We ended up leaving half the decorations and plants in my trunk because of it, and I just felt so bad for my sister B. The bride, of course, had no idea of what happened until later, when my mom asked something I kind of blurted out that there had been a confrontation at the beginning of the day.

I told B later that if I ever get hitched, she's in charge, and no one else, and that will solve some problems. (insert evil laugh here)

So let's see what else is going on this week? The temp dropped (YAY!) and it's cool out, like a good autumn should be. Talked to C the other day, which is wonderful as always. Little does she know that I have a package hand-picked for her. (insert another evil laugh here) My dear R was down from the Vortex on Tuesday night and we had a marvelous time at a little Italian restaurant down the street--she had chicken caccitore and I had chicken marsala, which was in a cream sauce. ? Who knew. I've never had it that way before, good but not the same as Buca di Beppo, which had GREAT marsala. Then to cap things off we split cheesecake and tiramisu, which was lovely. Tonight is D Fong's night, so we're off in a bit for some good Chinese and even better service (props to Julie at D Fong's--she ROCKS!)

Let's see, what else...Saturday this weekend we're supposed to head over to Chanhassen (I think, have yet to review directions) for a housewarming for a gal I used to work with. And then the following weekend some friends from Duluth are down and we're going to the Renn fest over in Shakopee. Or wherever it is. That corner of Minnesota. The weekend after is Labor Day weekend, and then the following weekend is dad's shoot in, and then the following weekend is Chicago, and then it's S's wedding, and then it's the end of September. Thank the gods. I'm ready for a weekend of nothing. I think. LOL I still have to do S's flowers, and get a few more things ready for the Big Day. And a few more books to read. Etc. The usual. I think the most pressing need upcoming is LAUNDRY! I SO need to do laundry. Not sure when I'll have a chance, but it will have to be happening sooner than later. Eeep.

Oh! I'm taking a payroll class now, too. The Fundamental Payroll Certification. Interesting with a twist of lime. Or maybe that's boring with a twist of lime. I'll get back to you on that one. For the moment I've got to do something with my hair (which is seriously needing to be pruned or something, maybe more gel will help?) and then we're out the door. My big decision of the night will have to be: moo goo gai pan or shrimp almond ding or sweet and sour chicken...ah, choices.

No comments: